Sept. 25, 2022 – Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step

Sunday, Sept. 25, 2022

Today, accept myself first in starting to change the things I can – and must. And to change myself, I need the courage and brute honesty to see myself as I really am and not as I want myself and others to see. If I can be strong and honest enough to see in myself what must go and what can be kept, I have to accept the good and bad before I know how to begin the work of moving forward. But if the bad out-weighs the good, I can keep the good as a building block to tear away the bad. If, on the other hand, I accept myself with no improvements needed, I’ve lied to myself. Today, I pray for the courage to change the things I can – me. And our common journey continues. Step by step. – Chris M., 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

May 20, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

  Step by Step Monday, May 20, 2024 “In spite of (a) great increase in the size and the span of this Fellowship, at its core it remains simp...